Tuesday, March 31, 2009

UGH. My camera.. THE EXCUSE... :)

OK. So I have a million looks I have wanted to post and my camera wont load them on my computer!!! I cant wait to show everyone the swatches of some of the colors I have in my new color palette!!! I have to say though, the palette is VERY intimidating. I find myself wanting to do the browns or just not use it because it is overwhelming. But I'm using it!!! I also got the brushes from eyeslipsface.com and they are awesome! I'm tellin' you.. for paying $14.50(including shipping)  for 6 new brushes and a pair of eyelashes, that was one heck of a deal! I also stopped by K-Mart today (because I was looking for a planner... I happened to have stumbled upon this amazing find) and there were some POSH brushes!!! Posh is a cute little line that I learned about and I had ordered some of their brushes a while ago online (also very inexpensive) and I was totally stoked to see them there! They have all the best ones and a gnarly set PLUS everything is a dollar off... which doesn't seem like a lot but its nice cuz all the brushes are like 3 or 4 dollars... Saving a dollar here or there is nice!!!


In other news:
I came to realize that the lack of real organization in my life is not only putting stress on my life but actually wasting a lot of precious time and really making me LOSE money (like I already don't spend enough.. when your unorganized you end up buying multiple of what you already have). So after a lot of thinking I decided I need to make a change and really organize my time, life, house, makeup.... everything. I joined a site called FLYLADY.COM and it's for "de-cluttering" and organization and headed over to Barnes & Nobel and got the book "Organization for Dummies". This book is seriously changing my life. I am getting rid of what I dont need, managing my time and not to mention that the rooms I HAVE organized in my house look AMAZING. I have become almost obsessed with organizing and cleaning [ew.. to the point of vacuuming twice a day... I need to stop lol] . I want it to come as second nature to me incase our family ever expands. I also am so tired of losing makeup... this ish is expensive!!! So I just wanted to let everyone know that its my goal. And I will not post at night unless I have completed my little goals during the day  (I used to just come home, drop everything and sit online for hours.... I kind of feel like this should be a reward.. and since I spent about 4 hours cleaning today... Im rewarding myself :D!!!!) I recommend that book AND site to anyone and everyone, even if you are OCD and your house is impeccable, organizing your time to get the most out of your day is good for everyone since it is the only thing in life you cant get back.


Enough of that :)

THE MAKEUP LOOKS WILL COME... ;P

Your favorite makeup addict,
Donna C.

p.s. Thanks to my lovely Carrie V. I just bought these awesome "Skittles" loose shadows [aka pigments] from the etsy.com site..... Im BEYOND excited to get it especially since it was 9.50 for 7 and from the pictures that were posted with them they look lik they are very pigmented!!! Thanks for "feeding the addiction Carrie ;)" (miss you).

1 comment:

  1. #1) I LOVE that you have this blog.
    #2) You need to check out this etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete