Monday, March 16, 2009

And so it begins...



Well FINALLY!!! Geez!! I have been trying to make a blog for so long and I finally got the guts to start doing it!! I decided to start today  [on the eve of St. Pattys Day] because I took some pictures and wanted to share my St. Pattys Day look! BEFORE I start with that I want to tell everyone a little about me [for those of you who don't know me... which a lot of you do :)]. My name is Donna Christine Rodrigues. I am 23 years old and currently live in St. George Utah... "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU LIVE THERE?" [you may ask], well, my husband is a manager for my favorite burger place IN 'N OUT BURGER and he took the job here in St. George because the market is great, cost of living is lower than California where we were living, and we wanted to get away from big city's.
 I am a Professional Makeup Artist. It is not a pastime nor a hobby but my actual career and infatuation. If anyone knows me they know that I eat, breathe and live makeup [which often gets me in trouble with the honey]. I attended a makeup school in Orange County in 2006 [ which shall remain nameless because it was horrible and I refuse to have them receive any sort of acknowledgement for what I have become and what I have accomplished so far. No hard feelings though lol :) ] I have done photoshoots, runway, bridal [I have my own business in St. George for brides called ' "I Do" Makeup by Donna C.'], a t.v. show [Roomies, didn't end up airing but I still did it!!], and am starting makeup on a BRILLIANT movie by Robert Cedric Bowden called "Thirteen Miles East of Nowhere" soon [just got the script and I can't wait to get started]. In Southern California I worked for the wonderful MAC Cosmetics line and had so much fun, unfortunately there is no MAC in St. George so I am working at Clinique which is where the great skin for the wonderful makeup application is created.  Im making this blog [as I said in the title] to post reviews and finds from either high end lines OR drugstore brands [all lines have something to bring to the table], to post looks I have done and tell how I did it, and just keep everyone updated on what I am doing in my makeup world or with life in general! If it has to do with makeup i'll post it! Hope everyone enjoys <3

OK.. lets get started.... IT IS OFFICIALLY ST. PATRICKS DAY!! Since I don't work tomorrow I decided to start the St. Pattys Day Makeup celebration a day early and do my makeup look today [or... well...technically yesterday now haha] I did a green look with some yellow. Here are the colors I used:

Aquatique from Lancome as eyeshadow base
White from La Femme Palette [ inner corner of eye]
Yellow from my La Femme Palette [on inner half of lid]
Bio Green from MAC [pro color in the outer 1/3rd of eye and into the crease]
Humid from MAC [Crease color]
Shroom from MAC to highlight
Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner in zero to line my entire eye and on top
and of course my lashes :)









There we go!! There is my look for this holiday :) 

OH! I almost forgot. This week I purchased about 5 brushes and a set of lashes from www.eyeslipsface.com I have heard some wonderful raves about them so I'm deciding to give them a shot. Including shipping it came out to about 14.50 and that was with the code: carolina which it gave me 7.50 off my purchase!!!! I got a confirmation email today that it is being shipped through Fed EX so as soon as I get them I will post a review on how I feel about them!

ALSO my WONDERFUL HUSBAND let me get the 120 palette from EBAY today! WHOO HOOOO!!! All the girls on my favorite site www.makeupgeek.com and another site I visit called www.temptalia.com always talk about how amazing the pigment is and with this being only like 26 bucks how can you go wrong????? I ordered through "Chic.Gallery" [another recommendation from my favorite site!] Look how gorgeous it is:

 I seriously cannot wait until I get this!! I will be rushing to the house everyday to see if it is there just like I do when I order my MAC stuff! haha. When I get this palette I will post a million looks.

I better go to bed now since it is past my bedtime ;) but there are some fun looks coming up soon! There is a Makeup Geek "Look of the Week" that is inspired by ANIMALS!!!! So there are zebra looks and lions and toucans and ducks.... I'm SO excited! I'll try and do a different animal every night!! I also had a huge makeup haul that I did last month for my birthday and some fun brands and creams I am trying out right now so I'm dying to do reviews on all of that... so much makeup, so little time!

Night everyone!!

Your favorite makeup addict,
Donna C.

7 comments:

  1. That palette is awesome! Is it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not expensive at all... it was actually 27.98 including shipping!!!! I got the insurance on it that was 6 bucks just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. no. this blog is going to get me in SO MUCH trouble. i want it all!! jason is going to kill me...and you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh I love this blog! But i'm sad you never update your personal one :(

    I'm excited to see you guys tonight....well, tomorrow...sorry it'll be so late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, congratulations on the blog! Love the green! :-)

    ReplyDelete